By Brian Summerfield, Online Editor, REALTOR® Magazine
Optimizing your presence on Facebook doesn’t have to be an exhaustive ordeal. According to Lauren Mitrick, a practitioner with Jameson Real Estate in Chicago and a member of REALTOR Magazine’s 30 Under 30 class of 2010, the important thing is to “start small but think big.”
Here are five tips she offered attendees this morning at Inman’s Agent Reboot in Chicago:
1. Create a Facebook fan page for your business NOW! If you don’t have one already, it’s quick, easy, and free to create. The barriers to entry are low, and the potential payoff is high.
2. Keep it professional, but have fun. With respect to your personal profile especially: “Keep your profile your profile,” Mitrick said. “If you want a business page, create a fan page.”
3. Keep it interesting and engaging. For instance, Mitrick has caption writing contests (with prizes!) for funny pictures she posts on her fan page.
4. Mix it up. Offer a blend of hard business info and updates on local amenities and events on your Facebook business page.
5. Link your Facebook profile to Twitter and 4Square. The caveat here is to not rely too much on automation; selectively duplicate updates across your social networks.