By Brian Summerfield, Online Editor, REALTOR® Magazine
Much of the promise of tablet PCs — in terms of both personal and professional use — is still in the future. For most people, these products are still not a viable computing substitute for desktops or laptops for reasons ranging from network power and speed to word processing capabilities. Still, there are a few valuable functions of tablets that real estate pros can take advantage of right now, according to Jeff Lobb, vice president of technology at EXIT Realty.
In his presentation this morning at the MRIS Xplode conference in Silver Spring, Md., Lobb identified the following five uses for tablets in real estate today:
- Immediate access to listing data (Lobb said it was crucial for real estate practitioners to have “Data, on demand, where you stand.”
- Real estate search by location (via geolocation apps)
- Planning calendar
- Listing presentations
- Video/photo capture and demonstrations
In addition, Lobb mentioned these apps as must-haves for taking on these tasks:
- The new Realtor.com app (particularly for the “draw” feature on the maps)
- ReaddleDocs/PDF Expert (iPad)
- Sign My Pad
- Karl’s Mortgage Calculator
- Cam card apps
For more information on how to use tablet PCs for your business, playback or download this April 2011 REALTOR® Magazine webinar.