This morning, the REALTOR® Magazine team hosted Dallas-based broker-agent Rogers Healy, who was in town as guest editor of our March/April issue. Healy, a 2009 30 Under 30 honoree and regular online columnist for the magazine, offered up the following timeless tips for real estate practitioners:
- When it comes to new marketing, start small and start free: This ranges from referrals to social media.
- Write down your business goals. Additionally, keep them in a place where you’ll see them a lot.
- If you can sell yourself, your experience level doesn’t matter.
- Have sense of urgency around what you do: People who are successful are always, always busy.
- Get help on the things you don’t know. There are experts in other areas–accounting, mortgage lending, and titles, to name a few–who can help you out. Find them and build solid, mutually-beneficial relationships.
- Keep a positive attitude: No one’s going to buy something from a salesperson who hates life.
- “Bank” your emotions, good and bad. The wheel of fate takes you up and down throughout your career and your life. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away. The key is to find a positive personal state for any business environment.