Health Reform: NAR President Steve Brown on What You Need to Know Marijuana is Starting to Intersect with Real Estate
When you look back on 2013, what do you remember most? We hope at least some of these stories make it on your list. Here are 13 of REALTOR® Magazine’s most popular posts of 2013:
- Key West Association Wins Federal Copyright Case
Home-design firm Robert Allen was ordered to pay $2.7 million to the Key West Association of REALTORS® after a court ruled that the company had no authority to use images of MLS listings in its advertising.
- How the Words You Say May Be Costing You Business
Watch your mouth. Some everyday language that seems perfectly innocent to you could be subconsciously stopping your clients from making a move. Guess what some of the most common words are that you should never utter again.
- The Worst Colors to Use in a Home
What’s the most offensive color to the eyes? Hint: It’s something you should only be squeezing into a drink.
- Make the First Impression Count: Update Your Home’s Exterior
2013′s Cost vs. Value Report showed that updates to the outside of a home pay off big. For the most cost-effective remodeling projects, outdoor home improvements dominated the list. Here’s how much the most popular ones will cost and how much ROI you can expect to see.
- Spring Home Improvements: Repair, Replace, Enjoy!
Spring 2014 is already not too far off, so this list is something you’d be wise to share with your clients again soon.
- 10 Safest Places to Live in the U.S.
Are you sure your neighborhood is safe? In these cities, you can feel a little more free to walk alone at night.
- Big Predictions for Housing for Next 2 Years
If you thought things went well in 2013 with the bump in home prices and sales, just wait until you get a load of what’s predicted for 2014!
- Helping a Client Through Buyer’s Remorse
A small amount of buyer’s remorse can be natural, but how do you help clients whose fears get the best of them? These four tips may offer solace.
- Best Practices for Your Real Estate Website Home Page
You know about the importance of first impressions. Here are eight ways to make people who land on your home page want to keep clicking through.
- When It Comes to Wood Floors, Choose Wisely
There are as many fashions for wood flooring as there are for women’s clothing. Consider these things when choosing one that has staying power.
- Health Care Reform: A Guide to Your Coverage Options
You still have until March 31 to elect your health plan under the federal open enrollment period. Do you know what types of plans are available to you?
- How Much Does It (Really) Cost to Decorate?
Many surveys can tell you what a remodeling job will cost — but the expenses don’t stop there. How much more should you be spending to make the room homey after construction is done?
- Relationship Management: Get Emotional
Studies show higher emotional intelligence can boost sales results. Learn how you can be a more emotionally intelligent salesperson.